No Fencing (Hall not available)
Wed 11th Oct (see notice board for alternative Skittles and Darts night details)
Wed 29th Nov (See notice board for Coaches Session)
Date for your Diary
Christmas Dinner - Wednesday 13th December
A five week introductory course for adults who wish to try fencing:
|Date:||Wednesday 25th October – 22th November inclusive|
|Venue||Sport Wales National Centre
Cardiff CF11 9SW
|Time:||8.00 – 10.00 p.m.|
|Cost:||£30.00 - includes Membership of British Fencing (principally for insurance), fencing equipment, and all tuition by Qualified Coaches|
Minimum Age 16 yrs
A four-week course for children who wish to try fencing:
|Date:||Wednesday 20th September – 11th October inclusive|
|Venue:||Sport Wales National Centre
Cardiff CF11 9SW
|Time:||8.00 – 9:15 p.m.|
|Cost:||£20.00 - includes Membership of British Fencing (primarily for insurance), Fencing equipment, and all utition by Qualified Coaches|
|Age:||Minimum Age 7 years|
Cardiff Fencing Club is the Principality's oldest established fencing club. In addition to providing fencing as a social activity, our top fencers have an excellent record of competition success at Commonwealth, British and Welsh levels.
The club meet, with the exception of the Christmas holiday, throughout the year. Students can train at any of the three fencing disciplines:
- Epee – the modern equivalent to the Rapier;
- Sabre – historically the cutlass or cavalry sword; or
- Foil – a sword whose conventions have been developed by masters over the centuries.
The club is affiliated to Welsh and British Fencing.
Who are the coaches, and what are their qualifications?
- Prof. Peter Stewart - B.A.F
- Anne Stewart - Maitre d'Escrime - previous International Foilist & epeeist and Welsh Champion.
- Geoff Keay - BFA qualified Coach
- Lyn Robinson - BFA Qualified Level 2 Coach
- Nick Charles - Level 1 Sabre, Welsh International